To add a Library Quick Search widget to a Page in Canvas, use the following steps:
- Log in to Canvas and navigate to the Course that you want to add the widget to.
- Navigate to the existing Page that will include the widget, or create a new Page.
- Click “Edit” on the right side of the screen.
- On the editor screen, click on the “HTML Editor” tab above the text box to enter the HTML editor.
- Copy the following text and paste it into the editor where you’d like the widget to show up.
<iframe src="https://www.lib.jmu.edu/libsearch/libsearch.aspx?config=canvas.xml" width="100%" height="250" style="overflow: hidden; padding-bottom: 5px;"></iframe>
- Click “Save”.
- Verify that the widget is placed in the correct location.
Please send all questions and feedback to David Gaines.