L&ET is introducing two new ways to integrate library resources in your Canvas courses.
Launching Library Pages from the Canvas Course Navigation
A link to JMU Libraries will already be available in the Canvas Course Navigation.
By default, the JMU Libraries link goes to the JMU Libraries home page. However, this link can be customized to go to any library site (such a subject guide).
Contact your liaison librarian for questions about this and other options.
Adding Library Resources using the Rich Content Editor
You can also embed the Library Quick Search widget, the Ask A Librarian Chat Widget, as well as link to other library resources anywhere the Canvas Rich Content Editor appears.
For example, to add Library Resources to a page under the Pages menu you would:
- Click Pages in the Canvas left hand navigation.
- To add a new page, click “View All Pages” then +Page.
- To edit an existing page, click on the page title, then the Edit button:
- Place your cursor where you want to embed a library resource
- In the toolbar, click on the L&ET Resource Integrator Icon.
- Select the link you want to insert, or the widget you want to embed. You can also enter a link to a URL of your choosing, as well as the text for the link.
- Click Submit.
- You can repeat steps 5-7 to insert more links
- When you’re finished, click Save.