Emma Hubbard – Introduction

2012 May 14
by Emma Hubbard

Hi everyone! My name is Emma Hubbard. I am a rising senior at James Madison University and I’m from Baltimore, Maryland. I originally went to High Point University for my freshman year of college, and once I realized that a small school was not the best fit for me, I transferred to JMU for my sophomore year, and it was the best decision I ever made! What brought me to JMU was the school spirit that I felt as soon as I visited and how friendly everyone is! It’s also the perfect size! I am a Communication Studies major with a minor in Human Resource Development. I don’t have a specific concentration, but am “general.” I chose to be a general communications major because it allows me to take just about any communications ┬ácourses that I want! Food communication is a course that really stood out to me and I am eager to learn more about it! I am especially interested in how food shapes our identities. Some of my hobbies and interests are going to concerts and traveling to Cape Cod each summer to visit my relatives.

This is a picture I took last summer

when I went to visit my older sister in San Francisco

One Response leave one →
  1. Paul Mabrey permalink*
    May 17, 2012

Hi Emma, welcome to the class! I couldn’t agree more, JMU is a wonderful place to be and one of my best decisions also. I hope that you enjoy learning about food and especially its relation to our identities. I can tell you food and health has become an increasingly important part of human resources management, so hopefully a good fit. Please let us know what exciting concerts you go to, I am sure music is one more thing we all enjoy.