Josie Warren’s Introduction

2012 May 15
by Josie

Hi guys! My name is Josie Warren and I am a WRTC major and an ART minor. I am from Fairfax, Virginia and am here for the summer to take some classes. I love to snowboard, play lacrosse, write, and do any creative project really. In fact, this summer I am also taking a Metal and Jewelry class that I absolutely love! I really didn’t expect to like it as much as I do. It’s a five hour class, but goes by so fast because I am enjoying myself so much. I am really excited for this class too though because my family is Italian and we all love to cook. We communicate how much we love traditions to each other through what we cook. Every year the day after Christmas, we all make pasta from scratch with my mom’s side of the family. It’s such a fun tradition and the pasta is always soooooooo delicious!
I’m pretty outgoing and love to be around people. In fact, I prefer to study around people or listen to music while studying because I need that background noise to focus. I am looking forward to hearing all your opinions and working with you all for the next month! This class is already super interesting to me and I can’t wait to see what else it has to offer! =)

Here’s the picture of our family pasta making tradition!— http://sites.jmu.edu/foodcomm/files/2012/05/P1030551.jpg

2 Responses leave one →
  1. Paul Mabrey permalink*
    May 17, 2012

Very nice to meet you Josie, welcome to the class. Seems like you are busy, too. Though a five hour jewelry class? You are right though, probably goes quickly with all of the fun. Sounds like you are tapped into your own familial food traditions, can’t wait to hear more about them. Love the picture of the home-made pasta!

• Josie permalink
      May 18, 2012

Thanks, Professor Mabrey! Nice to meet you as well. I’m glad you enjoyed my picture. It’s quite a fun tradition indeed!