Home » Currently Reading:

Delta Initiatives (Phil’s Blog)

• Is The Cloud The Answer Yet? August 31, 2017
    Update: State of Cloud for SIS I thought I would take a look back at a post I wrote in 2012, SaaS Changes to Higher ERP market.  The purpose of the post was to look at the speed of change in the educational technology area with the use of SaaS solutions and if this speed of change would be applied to the administrative systems.  Some of the key points were: […]
    Jim Ritchey
  • Banner 9 Upgrade Plan June 22, 2017
    It has been a few months since Ellucian announced Banner 8 would move to sustained support after 12/31/2018. Have you started your planning process? If not, the end of 2018 is approaching quickly and already Banner 9 resources are difficult to find. Having a good plan will assist you in minimizing the required outside services and maximize the value of the r […]
    Delta Initiative
  • Will Customizations Kill Your Cloud? June 14, 2017
    I got a tweet from a Higher Education vendor this morning (I get lots of them, so that wasn’t a surprise). This one was reminding me of how many days remain before the deadline to upgrade to Banner 9. They have this nifty countdown clock and everything. It’s a good reminder. The days until December 31st, 2018 will go by pretty fast. It’s not as if Banner 8 w […]
    James Brunner
  • Governance and Outsourcing March 23, 2017
    As we work with institutions and businesses of all sizes we come across many different models of IT Governance. In many cases, organizations address IT Governance as an IT initiative with reporting out to the business. We believe there are two components to IT Governance. The first is the demand for IT services coming from the organization. The second is the […]
    John Gorman
  • Technology Must be the Answer? February 21, 2017
    Higher education organizations today are focusing on being more effective and efficient, while dealing with reduced funding, declining enrollments, and increasing expectations from students. These are all challenges and bring back the memory of that wonderful goal “do more with less.” I always found it interesting that the people that provided this wisdom ne […]
    Jim Ritchey
  • Banner 8 Support February 14, 2017
    Ellucian has announced that Banner 8 administrative modules will be moving into sustaining support on December 31, 2018. Ellucian is recommending organizations move to Banner 9 by the end of 2018. The announcement is not a surprise due to its link to the support of Oracle forms. From what I hear, the surprise is that it includes all administrative modules. M […]
    Jim Ritchey

Administrative Posts

Recent Comments

• harriscm: Podcasts: Please consider adding ease of creating instructio...
  • Sarah Cheverton: I'm thinking that class rosters provide a list of students a...
  • Amanda Echterling: In regard to the class roster, I'm unclear as to how that is...
  • Mary Ann Chappell: Thinking through the details of what we want in an LMS in co...
  • Sarah Cheverton: Amanda-- I just saw this post and think it's very intriguing...